Sparky's Information

Breed: cattle dog mix,
Gender: Male
Age Range: 10 years
Can live with: Cats,
Spayed/neutered: Yes
Location: La Honda, CA

Seeking open hearted individual or family willing to take in an older dog. We are relocating to Rwanda due to a job transfer for my husband. We have researched what it would take to relocate Sparky, our 10-year-old cattle dog mix. The trip would be extremely expensive but also treacherous to the health of this particular dog because he would be too anxious in the cargo hold for such long and complex transit. It is in his best interest to find a person that can adopt or alternatively foster him for the two years that we would be gone. Returning him to us in two years would be the sole decision of the person who adopts or fosters him. Sparky was very high energy in his youth but has mellowed out quite a bit these past couple years. He likes occasional walks and little ball tosses but mostly just lazes about. He prefers to be near his human and does not like to share with other dogs. He tolerates kids but is a bit nervous around them. He is very intelligent and highly food motivated for training. He walks well on a leash but is reactive to other dogs when on leash. He attended many levels of puppy and dog-training classes in his youth and is a certified Good Canine Citizen. He is not perfect by any means, but does love to snuggle and used to sleep with me before we had kids. Now he sleeps in the kitchen gated separately from the rest of the house and has free access to our large back garden all day. He travels well in a car. We used to fashion all our vacations and camping trips around dog friendly destinations. I love this dog so much and never considered having to be separated from him before. I really want to find him someone who will give him the love and patience that he needs and deserves. Please contact me if you or anyone you know might be a candidate for this. His health is robust and he remains up to date on all his rabies shots. He has been examined by our vet within the last several months. We have saved all documentation if you require copies. We need to rehome him before mid April. I would be happy to consider a trial run if we think it may be a match.

No rehoming fees are to be collected. Any violation of this should be reported here immediately. Violators posts will be removed.



Contact the Owner